A3C is right around the corner and it is important to be prepared before coming to the festival to make sure the experience is one to remember! A3C is both a Hip-hop Festival and a conference, unlike many festivals like it. In order to truly enjoy time at the festival, read over this list of Do’s and Don’ts to be prepared before arriving.
Do Network, but…
- Attend mixers and meetups with groups of personal interest. A3C caters to many different interest groups. Pass out business cards and exchange social media handles with the people at the festival.
...don’t just give out Demo CDs
- Don’t scare people away with the typical, “listen to my demo” line. Think of more creative ways to speak to people and build relationships.
Do attend Panels and Workshops
- A3C is all about entertainment, but also about education. The panels are designed to capture the attention of broad, but also narrow interest groups. Scroll through the workshop and panel schedules ahead of time to find out which ones that’ll be best to attend. When given the chance, ask questions, use this opportunity to your advantage.
Do bring your friends, but….
- A3C is a fun time, but can also be a great opportunity to expand networks and make connections within the Hip-hop industry. There will be 1000s of great performances and amazing events to attend with friends.
…don’t stick with just them the whole time
- Branch out to meet new people.
Do download the app
- The A3C app is essential to staying updated on what is going on at all times. The app will give you performance and panel schedules. Guests can customize the app to send notifications when certain artists perform or when chosen events are about to begin.
Do take pictures, but…
- Make everyone jealous that they didn’t come to the festival this year!
…don’t spend the whole festival on social media
- Post the pic, then enjoy your time. Take it all in and make the most of your time at the festival.
Do stay close to the festival grounds, but…
- Our host hotel is the Doubletree by Hilton Downtown, but there are many other locations just as close to the festival. If you choose somewhere that is walking distance, you won’t have to worry about downtown parking costs and crazy traffic. The festival ground is a short walk from the conference venue, so it’s easy to navigate.
…don’t forget about the other A3C events as well
- A3C takes over the city of Atlanta and hosts events and performances all over. Make sure to also check out the other venues that A3C will be hosting events at as well.
Do wear comfortable clothes
- Don’t come in six inch heels and expect to make it through the day. Also pack a jacket. Atlanta weather in early October is expected to be in the mid 70s, but at night it can get chilly.
Do have fun! Spend time listening to the past and the future of Hip-hop. Learn something in the workshops and build beneficial relationships through networking for the future. A3C is almost here, be prepared and embrace everything this festival has to offer.